The role holder is responsible for implementing and executing as per the strategic buying plans for the assigned brand/category. The role holder also ensures smooth buying operations through vendor identification, evaluation and selection, in compliance with the contract principles to achieve the strategic and financial objectives of the brand/category of products.
- Assists the buying team overall.
- Assists to place orders with the selected vendor(s) based on the buying plans and ensures merchandise is delivered as per the plan based on the agreed service level agreement.
- Communicates, collates and follows-up on various product requirements and findings obtained from the sales/stocks data.
- Assist in generating and compiling periodic reports on sales and stocks, consumer trends etc. to facilitate on daily buying and merchandising actions and analysis on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Prepare seasonal buying information to facilitate buying team for Seasonal Product Presentation.
- Ensuring accuracy and consistent updates on product information created in the system.
- Assist in compiling orders and updating product status via orderbook management.
- Assist to co-ordinate meetings between department and vendors/suppliers.
- Assist with article creation process.
- Obtaining product information for .com uploads.
- Work with the team to achieve the defined goals.
- Drives a culture of feedback in the Business Unit by providing feedback on an ongoing basis.
- Drive teamwork mindset between buying & merchandising team.
- Diploma in Business Management/Buying and Merchandising or its equivalent.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience with retail organization.
- Fluent in English skills (written and spoken)
- Planning and Organizing.
- Data Gathering and analysis.
- MS Office and Tools.
- Knowledge of ERP.
- Merchandising Team.
- Area Manager (s)
- Buying Team.
- Warehousing and Logistics.
- Supply Chain.
- Planning Team.
- Retail Brand Marketing.
- Marketing Team.
- Ecomm Team.