Supplier Quality Assurance
UMW Aerospace Sdn Bhd
MYR 4,500.00 - MYR 8,000.00
Responsible for ensuring that Suppliers meet the UMW requirements, Regulatory Authorities’. To actively maintain the company Incoming Quality Management System aligned with the industry standards, and engaging in related Continual Improvement activities at the Suppliers’ sites.
- Assure the high quality products are received at UMW, comply with AS9100 and customer specific requirements.
- Conduct and plan for internal audit also supplier audits.
- Conduct Supply Chain risk assessment and establish the maturity level matrix.
- Manage suppliers’ development programme and get involved in supplier selection programme.
- Prepation of monthly reports and Coordinate issuance of supplier score cards.
- Determine compliance on incoming produtcts. Define the incoming inspection plans, perform the incoming inspection, and release of parts to stock.
- Raise non-conformity reports and liaise with suppliers when non-conformities arise.
- Set-up a lean visual management of incoming inspection parts.
- Coordinate and run MRB , monitor, witness and support FAI activities at supplier. Approve suppliers’ FAI reports.
- Degree in Mechanical / Quality Assurance / Inspection or its equivalent.
- 5 years of Suppliers Quality experience in a manufacturing environment, aerospace or closely related industry.
- General aviation experience is preferred and knowledge in aircraft engine manufacturing processes is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with industry quality management standards such as AS9100/ISO 9001 and technical standards such QMS and Special processes.
- Knowledge of statistical methods and their application, lean and Six Sigma tools and processes.
- Knowledge in CMM inspection is preferable.
- MSA, Kappa analysis and sampling inspection experience is preferable.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a timely and efficient manner.
- Be able to review FAI reports in accordance with AS9102.
- Demonstrated knowledge and analytical skills for most types of inspection tools.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, specifications and mechanical drawings including knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Ability to develop quality standards, procedures and train personnel in their use.
- Advanced computer skills required including MS Office.
- Ability to identify, organize, estimate and recognize differences or similarities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, team oriented, and ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles.