Linatex Rubber Products Sdn Bhd
MYR 3,000.00 - MYR 5,000.00
The Boiler-man is accountable for the optimum operation of the boilers, compressors, and smooth supplies of all the required utilities in the WMM site. He is also responsible in ensuring all machine related to the utilities supplies is running in good condition.
- Ensure the implementation of the Company SHE Policy for the prevention of injury, damage or loss to Company personnel and resources and ensure that line management are fully aware of their accountability for the environment, health and safety of Company Employees and others who may be affected by Company activities.
- Employees within their area of control are made aware of the SHE Policy, and the responsibilities contained therein, as well as all relevant health, safety and environment standards and systems of work relevant to their trade and work places.
- Ensure the Company systems are used in relation to controlling key SHE risks.
- All employees and visitors under their control adhere to these standards and systems of work.
- As defined in the incident reporting system, ensure incidents are reported, investigated and remedial actions taken. This should include collation and closure of near miss / hazards.
- Ensure that relevant information is collated and analysed appropriately to allow for smooth reporting of SHE performance and KPIs in accordance with policy.
- Any equipment, plant and substances used within their area of responsibility are suitably constructed and maintained (including certification and inspection reports), and that staffs are trained in the proper use.
- SHE matters are communicated to team members on a regular basis and items causing concern are brought to the attention of the appropriate Line Manager.
- Be instrumental in driving behavioural and cultural change within their operating area.
- All contractors providing services within their area of responsibility are provided with adequate information regarding any activities, or plant and equipment operated which may affect health, safety and environment.
- Ensure that method statements for activities have been provided and assessed prior to the initiation of the work.
- Ensure that all employees / operatives / contractors and visitors receive appropriate induction training including health, safety and environment.
- Ensure that risk assessments are completed and complied with for all facility activities.
- Complete incident investigations and routine health and safety site inspections of activities in accordance with company standards.
- Set a personal example in health and safety awareness by wearing all personal protective equipment supplied. Ensure that all safety equipment provided to persons under their control is worn and not misused.
- Include health, safety and environment as a top-level agenda item at regular facility meetings.
- Support company SHE policy to help deliver cultural development and sustained continual improvement in performance
- Operates and supervises, on a continual basis, high pressure steam boilers, monitors steam pressure and operates manual release and blow off valves.
- Plan and coordinate all maintenance activities pertaining to the powerhouse and facilities. Responsible for developing, planning and scheduling of preventive maintenance programs whilst ensuring that established plans, procedures and schedules are followed.
- Performs routine cleaning and maintenance of boiler components, tubes, fire box, etc.
- Performs repair and parts replacements as required to pass boiler inspection and ensure safe operation.
- Operates and supervises the operation of air compressors
- Operates and supervise the operation of firefighting pump house
- Actively participate in energy savings projects
- Provide assistance to the maintenance crew in other support activities.
- Accompany relevant authorities during official inspection of equipment.
- Carry out routine chemical analysis of water and level of fuel supply.
- Work with strict compliance to company rules and regulations.
- Always maintain strict safety and housekeeping practice.
- Perform any other job/function that may be assigned to him by his Superior.
- Willing to work in Batu Caves.
- Candidates must possess at least a Secondary School/SPM/O-Level in any field.
- Certified Grade 1. Boiler-man Certificate by JKKP Malaysia
- Required language(s): Bahasa Malaysia, English
- At least 2 year hands on working experience in the related field are required for this position.
- Preferably working Manufacturing/Production Operations or equivalent.