Senior Scrum Master
MYR 4,000.00 - MYR 7,000.00
AirAsia, Asia’s leading airline was established with the dream of making flying possible for everyone. Since 2001, AirAsia has swiftly broken travel norms around the globe and has risen to become the world’s best. Driven by the Dare to Dream spirit, we pride ourselves on being the region’s largest low-cost carrier, serving 25 countries and over 160 destinations. AirAsia is ranked the world’s best low-cost airline 11 years in a row. These are exciting times at AirAsia, we have a new dream to transform ourselves into a truly digital airline, and you can be a part of this journey. With over 40 million passengers flown last year and 30 million unique visitors per month.
- Work under the Airline Tech team delivering successful outcomes for IT projects and report to the Head of PMO.
- Senior Scrum Master plays a supporting role, a coach and facilitator to the team to live the agile/scrum values and principles.
- To manage scrums and 1- 2 Scrum Masters in total for agile deliveries within the project pipeline.
- Coaching and guiding the scrum team to become self-organizing, leading and coaching the software engineering teams, coordinating and scheduling team activities, measuring progress and monitoring team performance (scope, schedule, quality).
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies to ensure an effective outcome. From daily standup, sprint planning, sprint review (demo), retrospective, scrum of scrum and others as where applicable.
- Overseeing the team’s JIRA boards, sprints, labels, releases, reporting and all configuration required in JIRA and Confluence for effective usage of tools in day to day project execution.
- As and when required, the Senior Scrum Master may be required to take the role of Project Lead/Manager in delivery planning, tracking, coordination and reporting.
- Support Product Owners in writing user stories and attend business meetings to understand requirement.
- You will be working within a dynamic and supportive environment, within teams spread regionally.
- Transparent tracking and reporting of all relevant team performance metrics to ensure organisational targets are met (including, but not limited to; team velocity, sprint and release status)
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects, with a minimum 5 years of experience serving in a scrum master role leading cross-functional teams in a fast-paced services environment.
- Deep expertise in Agile & Scrum principles.
- Scrum master certification is a plus.
- Technical background is a plus.
- Able to plan and coordinate sprints around business requirements. Have view of related business risks.
- Knowledge in software development life cycle.
- Direct responsibility for tracking and reporting on key metrics.
- Demonstrable ability to apply best practices in backlog management, capturing burndown and velocity metrics and task-level definition/estimation.
- Excellent communication (English written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and able to work well under pressure to manage competing demands.
- Strong judgment, with the ability to make quick, yet sound decisions and follow through.
- Creative approach to problem-solving, with a strong customer focus and commitment to deliver.
- Team-player attitude, with strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish high-trust professional relationships quickly.
- Work in Sepang (next to KLIA2) and travel if and when needed to collaborate with various stakeholders.