Software Engineer 2
MYR 3,500.00 - MYR 5,500.00
Full stack software engineers at AirAsia focus on delivering secure, scalable solutions that are integrated with our large scale internal and external applications. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
- Participating in the design and creation of scalable software.
- Writing clean, functional code on the front- and back-end.
- Testing and fixing bugs or other coding issues.
- Practice source code management strategies that allow for your code to be analysed, reviewed and pushed to the pipeline efficiently.
- Keep security, performance and scalability as principles in your day to decisions and contributions.
- Share and document knowledge as part of your workflow.
- Work with multiple teams to deliver complex and cutting-edge software solutions for a growing business.
- Evangelize and drive stellar software engineering practices across the entire engineering team.
- Experiment and continuously explore new and emerging technologies and bring that perspective on how it can help the team.
- Be an awesome team member of the AirAsia Airline Tech team.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role.
- Experience developing mobile first applications (Responsive UI/UX)
- Hands on experience with Google Cloud Platform and able to utilise the relevant services or components to enhance reliability, scalability and performance of an application.
- Must be comfortable working with some popular frameworks such as NodeJs, React, Angular, Flask, .Net.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Solid understanding of 3rd party data transactions and security over operations such as RESTful API or WebSockets.
- Experience driving and executing automation initiatives to improve the Development/QA using CI/CD tools (Gitlab, Github, Jenkins).
- Knowledge/experience with Application Logging, Monitoring, Performance Management such as (Firebase App Analytics, Bugsnag).
- Experience with performance testing and load testing tools.
- Must have excellent communication, organisation and teamwork skills.
- Possess great attention to detail and a sharp analytical mind.